Option option has been changed from its expected default value

I ran into this recently in 7.0 U3. It appears to be a display error in the vSphere Web Client with some properties.

The way I found the values that were problematic was to use the MOB to check the CheckProfileCompliance_Task output.

 

You can access it in the MOB at this URL : https://my.vcenter.domain.local/mob/?moid=HostProfileManager

Click the Host Profile in question, and in the entity section, copy the “host-xxxxxx” value you want to validate for compliance.

Click the CheckProfileCompliance_Task option.

Replace the MOID value with your copied MOID and click Invoke Method.

Once you have invoked it, you'll see the task link. Click that and then go to info.

(Press F5 to refresh until the state under info is “success”)

 

From there click that and then go to info, then result. You should see the actual message of options that have failed.

In my case it was related to the ESXi host shell enable warning appearance in summary tab for variable UserVars.SuppressShellWarning.

 

Hopefully this helps you narrow down your issue.

No votes yet.
Please wait...

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Option option has been changed from its expected default value

time to read: <1 min
0